Tipo de contrato:
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Spanish to teach from First Form (Year 7) to A Level. This is an excellent opportunity to join the vibrant and creative environment of the MFL Department which consists of seven teachers. All teachers are expected to teach both French and Spanish, at least to Third Form (Year 9) level, which allows more flexibility in the timetable and a chance to work as a team with different year groups.
Appointment date: January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Fluency in Spanish, outstanding understanding of its grammar and vocabulary.
- Excellent knowledge of the Spanish IGCSE and A level courses.
- Sound knowledge of the culture and traditions of at least one Spanish speaking country, and a willingness to share that passion with pupils and students.
- A willingness to contribute to the wider school life including organising trips, taking part in the sports programme, co-curricular activities or tutoring.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with pupils, parents and staff.
- A commitment to giving regular and effective support to all pupils and students in view of succeeding their examinations.
- Good ICT skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Commitment to high standards and to and encouraging pupils and students to become independent learners.
- A commitment to valuing and respecting the views and needs of children and young people.
- The ability to teach French up to Third Form (Year 9). Any additional languages are also welcome.
- An interest in education that goes beyond the delivery of a specific subject.
- A PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically (as separate PDF documents in one email) the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Closing Date: midday on Monday 2 November 2020. Interviews will take place on Monday 9 November 2020.
- A covering letter addressed to Mr Damian Ettinger, Headmaster.
- A completed Cokethorpe School application form.
- Personal CVs are not required. Please note that for candidates invited to interview, referees will be contacted prior to the interview date