Tipo de contrato:
To contribute to the delivery of an excellent student experience by contributing to teaching, assessment and administration processes associated with undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and to undertake scholarship to enhance learning and teaching in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deliver a range of teaching, supervision and assessment activities across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the Subject/School.
2. Carry out course administration within required timescales ensuring effective communication of information, in particular assessment requirements and criteria and timely and constructive feedback on assessment.
3. Contribute to the on-going development and design of the curriculum in a manner that supports a research-led and scholarly approach to student learning and assessment in the discipline and/or profession.
4. Make effective use of learning technologies to support and enhance course delivery, course organisation, feedback and assessment. This may involve blended and/or online provision.
5. Ensure an inclusive and evidence-based approach to facilitating learning in a range of face to face and potentially online delivery formats such as tutorials, lectures, problem based learning, that promotes student participation and learning outcome attainment.
6. Engage in scholarship by undertaking methodologically rigorous, educationally relevant, enquiries into student learning and disseminate evidence to enhance your own, and potentially others’, teaching practices. Attend and participate in appropriate seminars and conferences to support research-led teaching, scholarship and/or professional practice in your disciplinary area.
7. Develop effective working relationships with students and, in partnership with relevant student services teams, respond appropriately to the diverse range of learning approaches and learner needs.
8. Develop relationships with external stakeholders in support of knowledge exchange, public understanding and appropriate forms of outreach such as widening access.
9. Participate in local, and potentially overseas, activities associated with student recruitment (e.g. open days), orientation and induction and other School and University initiatives such as support for student transitions, employability and student mobility as appropriate.
10. Engage in continuing professional development activities as appropriate.
11. Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of School.
12. To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
A1 Good undergraduate degree in relevant area
A2 Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 12 (PhD) or equivalent professional and/or teaching experience
A3 Sufficient breadth and/or depth of knowledge in the specialist subject/discipline and of teaching methods and techniques to work within the subject area.
A4 Thorough knowledge and ability to apply policy, practice and procedures including broader University/sector/external (e.g. commercial) awareness.
B1 Professional teaching qualification or working towards one.
E1 Normally 1-2 years' experience of teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
E2 Some experience of teaching and assessment in a field that complements the existing requirements of the School and the subject area and offers options for future development.
E3 Experience of assessing students’ work and providing feedback.
E4 Experience of planning and progressing work activities within professional guidelines or organisational policy, applying initiative and independent judgement.
F1 Some experience of the design, organisation and delivery of innovative teaching programmes related to the subject area.
A través del enlace Apply for this job en esta página: https://www22.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_glasgow01.asp?newms=jj&id=98175&newlang=1