Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
As a graduate teaching & research assistant, you will be part of the academic assistant staff (Dutch: Assisterend Academisch Personeel, AAP). You will spend at least 50% of your working time preparing a PhD thesis. In addition, you will play an assisting role in teaching, research and service activities.
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in Spanish Linguistics, on the acquisition of Spanish by Dutch-speaking learners.
- You will organise your own PhD research and report on your progress regularly.
- You will participate in the doctoral study programme at the Antwerp Doctoral School to support your PhD pathway.
- You will present the findings of your PhD research at academic conferences and aim to publish them in scientific journals.
- You will contribute to attracting national and international research funding.
- You will provide support with teaching and also teach high-quality academic classes yourself in the following Spanish Proficiency and Linguistics courses: Spanish Proficieny 1 (bachelor 1, 6ECTS), Spanish Linguistics: the structure of contemporary Spanish (bachelor 2, exercises, 6ECTS) and Spanish Linguistics: language in use (bachelor 3, exercises, 6ECTS).
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes.
- You will assist in the development of teaching and study materials.
- You will supervise students and their Bachelor and Master dissertations in the field of Spanish Linguistics.
- You will assist in ongoing research projects and the activities of the Grammar and Pragmatics (GaP) research group.
- You will play an active role in the academic and societal service provision of academic service to the University of Antwerp. You will also assist in student recruitment and alumni activities and serve on boards and committees, among other activities.
We offer an appointment as a graduate teaching & research assistant for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the appointment can be renewed twice up to a maximum period of six years.
The planned start date is 15 September 2020.
- You hold a Master degree in Spanish Linguistics and Literature (or equivalent) or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You are motivated to work actively on your further professional development.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have an excellent command of oral and written Spanish (near native).
- You have a good command of Dutch (C1 in the CEFR).
- You have academic training in the area of foreign language teaching, preferably Spanish as a foreign language (ELE).
- Experience with academic teaching of Spanish Proficiency and Spanish Linguistics is an asset.
- You have some research experience in the area of the acquisiton of the pragmatic competence by Dutch-speaking learners of Spanish (master thesis, publications or conference presentations).
You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 1 March 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following document(s): . (1) a motivation letter in Dutch, (2) your CV, and (3) a written sample of your research in English (master thesis or paper).
The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following date: 6 May 2021 (interview).