Tipo de contrato:
The department of Humanities and the Spanish and Latin American Studies program of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Spanish. Candidates with a specialization in sociolinguistics or applied linguistics, demonstrated interest and experience in translation studies, and proficiency in both the English and Spanish languages are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate level in Spanish and language/linguistics, as well as other courses, depending on the expertise and interests of the successful candidate.
- Contribute to ongoing curriculum review and expansion.
- Advise students.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional, community, and professional service.
- Contribute to ongoing program development.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
Position is an academic year, tenure-track appointment. Applicants must be considered for tenure and promotion in six years, although tenure decisions may be at any time. Promotion from Assistant to Associate Professor is simultaneous with tenure. Excellence in teaching, sustained scholarly activity, and institutional service required for retention and promotion.
Earned doctorate in Spanish, or closely related field, from an accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Spanish, or closely related field, from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From "Search Jobs" screen,
Click "View All Jobs"
Select "Assistant Professor-Spanish"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Sign In."
If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of the highest degree achieved
- Three current letters of recommendation - Must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the reference or a portfolio system
- Evidence of successful research and teaching statement
You must select "Submit" to forward your application materials to the search committee.