Tipo de contrato:
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking qualified candidates to teach as a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Spanish in the Spring of 2020, with a strong generalist background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 4/4 teaching load with assignments in the following areas:
- Foundational Spanish courses
- Literature and Culture courses
- Specialized and/or Immersion courses
A terminal degree (Ph.D.) in Spanish is required. ABD will be considered. Ideal candidates will have a strong generalist academic background and expertise in, but not limited to, one or more of the following fields: Peninsular literature, linguistics, Transatlantic literature, translation/interpretation, film, culture and civilization. Teaching load will include 100- and 200-level foundational Spanish courses. Experience in online and/or hybrid settings and/or knowledge of French a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Native or Near-native fluency in Spanish.
Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)