Tipo de contrato:
Teach classes in Spanish at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Teaching assignments will focus on Mexican literature/culture or Chicano studies, including courses in literature and culture/or translation, as well as first and second year language studies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring and advising students. May also have opportunities to work with the Summer Language Institute for Spanish Teachers, a Master’s degree program in Spanish Language Teaching located in Guanajuato, Mexico. The position also requires a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity. The position is a full-time nine-month, tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Ph.D. degree or foreign equivalent in Spanish, Mexican Literature/Culture, or Chicano Studies, or a related discipline from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. ABD applicants who have at least as Master’s degree in Spanish, Mexican Literature/Culture, or Chicano Studies, or a related discipline and who have advanced to candidacy and have met all requirements for completion of a Ph.D. degree or foreign equivalent by the date of hire will also be considered. The equivalent of at least one academic year of post doc research/teaching at a college level, equal to a minimum of teaching courses worth 24 credits, in Spanish, Mexican Literature/Culture, or Chicano Studies, or a related discipline.
- One year of experience teaching in a face-to-face classroom setting.
- Demonstrated maintenance of an active scholarly or applied research program as demonstrated by at least one publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. All education, training, and experience may be gained concurrently.
- Applicants must be U.S. workers (includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees).
This employer will not sponsor applicants for visas.