Tipo de contrato:
Non-Tenure Track position.
Teach five undergraduate Spanish and/or secondary language courses per semester at the introductory and intermediate levels. Occasionally teach an upper-level language course in area of disciplinary expertise and supervise senior capstone projects.
This faculty member will also contribute to the Georgia College core curriculum by teaching topical freshman (GC1Y) or sophomore seminar (GC2Y) courses.
All Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non-majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.
- Ph.D., ABD considered; Spanish concentrate required with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours required in Spanish.
- Applicants must possess native or near native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Evidence of excellent teaching at undergraduate level required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- A primary area of expertise in Spanish applied linguistics or pedagogy is preferred.
- Certification to teach Spanish in the Professions will also be considered.
- Prefer second language concentrate (German, Italian, Chinese, etc) with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours required in the second language.
- Hiring preference will be given to faculty who demonstrate a commitment to Georgia College’s Liberal Arts mission and who are enthusiastic about working closely with high-achieving students within an academic community dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through learning and scholarship.