Tipo de contrato:
The Upper School includes a Prep phase (Y6 - Y8) and Y9 - Y13. Throughout the Upper School there is a strong emphasis on academic excellence, preparation for top university entrance, leadership and personal development. Language and Learning is a focus at the school with many students speaking English as a second language. An ability to support language learning would be a significant advantage, although specialist support and training is provided to ensure that all staff becomes experts in EAL teaching techniques.
The Upper School teachers will support the Head of Department and for the Head of Upper School in maintaining high academic standards within their subject area. To ensure that students are supported in their learning journey through Upper School and set the highest aspirations for their students’ achievement and development, both in the classroom and through the many extra-curricular activities on offer.
The Upper School team aims to deliver a stimulating and challenging curriculum and the most important part of the role is the classroom teaching and associated pastoral care of the students. In addition to this, the School’s emphasis on activities outside the classroom means that an effective and varied contribution to the extra-curricular programme is also required. There is a comprehensive program of enrichment activities and all students and staff are expected to be active members of the community.
- Minimum of 2 years recent successful teaching experience preferably in an International school.
- Graduate qualified teacher
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
- Qualified Teacher Status and evidence of appropriate subsequent in-service training.
- Successful experience in working with students in the age group you are teaching
- Demonstrated experience in inspiring students in a stimulating learning environment
- Demonstrated experience of using ICT to promote learning
- Master’s degree an advantage Experience in teaching EAL students
- Experience delivering at IGCSE and A Level
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with British education system
- Show evidence of establishing clear goals and objectives for students which led to significant improvements in achievement across the subject
- Knowledge and understanding of positive disciplinary methods
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behaviour
Deadline for submission of applications by 29 November 2020, with first-round interviews taking place via skype from the week commencing 30 November 2020.