Tipo de contrato:
We are seeking a maternity cover position for a Teacher of Spanish. The Teacher of Spanish reports to the Head of MFL, Mrs Anna Pethybridge, and is expected to teach a full timetable of up to 48 periods (55 minutes / 10 day cycle). This department of highly motivated and experienced staff teaches across the Junior and Senior sections of the School (Years 3 - 13), offering Mandarin, Japanese, French and Spanish, and expectations are high. The department enjoys excellent results at GCSE and A Level where we follow the EDEXCEL courses. We are seeking a Spanish teacher to teach second language Spanish from Key Stage 2 to A Level, and therefore flexibility, fluency and creativity is important. Experience of GCSE and A-Level is essential. Successful candidates will be able to inspire learners of all ages using a broad range of strategies and techniques, not least of which being a full and imaginative use of ICT in the classroom.
- will be an experienced teacher capable of inspiring students;
- will have either experience of working with English Language Learners (ELL) or a desire to broaden his / her experience and skills in EAL teaching and learning strategies;
- will have a flexible approach to working within the school curriculum and structures;
- will have excellent interpersonal skills;
- will be internationally minded;
- qualified to degree level;
- will have the ability to work within and apply all school policies, e.g. behaviour management, child protection, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, etc.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
- attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes;
- promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school;
- report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school's Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy;
- keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained;
- seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract.
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate's current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.