Tipo de contrato:
This is an exciting time for SCIE as we are looking for new teachers due to expansion. The college will be moving to its brand new campus in August 2020 and will go through a phased expansion from its current 950 to 2000 students over the following 3 years requiring an expansion in teaching staff in many subject areas. The new campus is also within the central Futian district of Shenzhen with easy links to the fast train to Hong Kong.
At our new campus, modern languages will expand to develop provision in further languages by 2023. Teachers will have a variety of classes from IGCSE Spanish in UK Years 10 and 11 and AS/AL Spanishin UK Years 12 and 13. In addition we are looking to introduce further languages, initially at the IGCSE level but developing to AS and A Level over time.
We are looking for a strong Spanish teacher with experience of A Level to join the team in this exciting period of development and expansion. Experience of and willingness to introduce an IGCSE course in French will be an advantage.
The regular working week is Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:30 (early finish at 15:00 on Fridays) and the normal student contact time is 24 x 40 minute periods per week (55% contact time), in addition to class preparation. Teachers also have 6 periods of personal time fixed into their timetables when they do not need to be at work. Teaching staff at SCIE are also expected to offer one hour after school of extra-curricular activity each week. Our school year is August to mid-June with all Chinese holidays (including 1 wk for October National Day and 3 wks for Chinese New Year) plus 2 weeks Christmas holiday.
- A degree in your area of expertise
- A teaching qualification (PGCE, BEd or equivalent)
- 2 years teaching experience in the relevant area
Due to visa restrictions the ideal candidate will already be based in China but they will consider all applications who meet the selection criteria.
We encourage our teachers to be fully immersed in the culture of the college. All teachers can:
- Facilitate high quality teaching and learning.
- Assess to provide feedback and create suitable development opportunities.
- Contribute to the department.
- Take on professional development opportunities.
- Attend to all pastoral responsibilities.
- Run extra curricular activities.
- Be responsible for safeguarding and wellbeing.
- Contribute positively to the culture of the college.
- Create opportunities for students to develop an appreciation for the nature of science.
- Create opportunities for students to develop practical skills through experiments and investigation.
- Prioritizes teaching and learning that challenges high achieving students.
- Is a team-player.
- Is motivated to acquire new skills and develop as a teacher.
- Promotes safeguarding and wellbeing.
- Contributes positively to the college culture.
Along with you CV, please submit a brief letter of introduction providing examples that demostrated some of the stated personal attributes.
Submit both letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Method: Skype Interview or Face-to-Face.