Tipo de contrato:
St. Gilgen International School (StGIS) seeks a lively, committed, and inspirational TEACHER of SPANISH Language Acquisition up to IB Diploma B / ab initio level to be part of our growing and happy school. The ideal candidate will also be able to offer an additional modern foreign language (German or French), and/or contribute to our EAL Programme.
The appointment is for August 2019 and the initial contract will be for a period of two years (renewable by mutual consent).
Spanish is taught as a curriculum subject from Grade 6 to Grade 12. As a language acquisition course it focuses on intercultural understanding and the development of linguistic skills. The learning outcomes are met through a range of cohesive schemes of work, which develop communicative skills in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Students taking Spanish will develop intercultural understanding through the study of texts, social interaction and the study of cultural artifacts of the numerous Spanish speaking cultures. A special emphasis will be placed on raising an awareness and appreciation of different perspectives of people from other cultures.
• A relevant Bachelor's degree, and excellent subject knowledge and passion.
• A recognized teaching qualification / qualified teacher status.
• At least 2-years of teaching experience.
• Creativity and professional rigour, and the willingness to be actively involved in curriculum development.
• A ‘risk-taker’ with a growth mindset; somebody who can accept that making mistakes is fundamental to learning.
• A passion for the school’s diverse co-curricular program.
• Willingness to contribute to the evening and weekend care needs of a 24/7 boarding school.
• High levels flexibility and adaptability.
• Excellent sense of humour.
• A collaborative ‘team player’, who understands that we must work together on our ‘path of excellence’.
• A postgraduate degree (preferably in the field of Education).
• Ability and willingness to teach an additional (second) subject and/or contribute to our English support program.
• Being able to deliver Spanish at native speaker level
• IB Diploma and / or IB Middle Years Programme experience and alignment with the IB mission.
• Experience of teaching or supporting the IB Diploma Theory of Knowledge or Extended Essay; or MYP Projects/interdisciplinary learning.
• Experience working with students from different language and educational backgrounds (particularly international school experience).
• Previous experience working in a boarding school (or similar residential) environment.
• Current, clean driver’s license valid for use in Austria.
Please apply to Natascha Lohse (Human Resources) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the content listed below (preferably in one combined PDF document with the following filename format, ‘lastname_firstname_position_submission date’; for example: ‘blog_fred_HistoryTeacher_24thJan2019’).
Please ensure the email subject is the post being applied for:
1. A completed StGIS Application Cover Sheet (please download, x1 side of A4)
2. A covering letter (max x2 sides of A4 Arial 10-12 font) explaining how you would be particularly suited to this position at St Gilgen International School. Please ensure your letter directly addresses the job description, and the essential and desirable characteristics detailed above, as well as any other aspects you consider important.
3. A full Curriculum Vitae including complete employment history (x2 sides of A4 excluding references)
4. Details of three referees including postal address, email address and telephone number (please ensure they know they may be contacted and will respond promptly). Note that we reserve the right to contact any of your previous employers.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th May. All applications will be acknowledged, and those being called for interview will be contacted with more details. Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found. Long-list first round interviews will take place via Skype with the relevant Head of Department and SLT member. Short-list / second round interviews will involve an interview with the Head of School and may also include a visit to StGIS in Austria if this is considered necessary.