Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
An opportunity has arisen for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and flexible graduate to join our vibrant Spanish Department from September 2021. We are seeking an academically rigorous, dynamic and resilient colleague to teach Spanish throughout the School, including assisting in the preparation of Oxbridge candidates.
Our Languages Faculty is one of the largest in the UK with around thirty teachers, eight language assistants and a full-time languages administrator. A collegiate and collaborative approach helps us to tailor our teaching to individual pupils, to stretch them academically and to engage them beyond the curriculum. We favour a non-textbook approach to teaching within the Faculty; colleagues are encouraged to be innovative and creative, and to experiment with pedagogical approaches.
Take-up across the languages is very high with around half of our pupils opting to pursue a language beyond GCSE. This year 70 pupils will sit the Spanish IGCSE and there are over thirty pupils currently learning Spanish in the Sixth Form either as a Pre-U or IB course. We will be returning to teaching AQA A-Level once the Pre-U is phased out.
The successful candidate will:
- have exceptional subject knowledge
- have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards
- be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
- have excellent planning and preparation skills
- have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
- be resilient under pressure
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be keen to organise and lead trips abroad
The ability to teach a second language (particularly French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic or Russian) would be an advantage. A commitment to organising and participating in exchanges and trips abroad is essential.
The post is suitable for experienced teachers as well as those new to the profession who may be able to participate in our highly-regarded Schools Direct programme. A proactive culture of supporting and developing talented and inspiring teachers is supported by the Senior Management Team.
For any queries, please telephone the Human Resources Department: SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk.