Tipo de contrato:
As a Verto Field Instructor for Rustic Pathways, you will serve as the lead facilitator of a freshmen-level course in Spanish. Through a dynamic combination of classroom instruction and experiential fieldwork, Field Instructors guide students through a Spanish course in which students pair theoretical concepts with real-world experience. This positions exists on
Verto's Costa Rica Semester.
- Provide an engaging classroom experience through a combination of lectures and structured academic activities.
- Deliver course instruction in-person at the program locations.
- Engage with students and help them connect the coursework to what they are experiencing in the field.
- Facilitate coursework in compliance with credit requirements as set by the Course Director.
- Maintain flexibility with curriculum as dictated by a changing travel itinerary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Verto students, staff, and community partners.
- Evaluate students’ course submissions and provide a final marking of students’ mastery of course objectives.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Master's Degree from an accredited university in Spanish Language or Spanish Literature, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in college-level classroom teaching.
- A demonstrated record of teaching excellence and ability to work with undergraduate students in a close student/faculty relationship.
- Experience delivering a curriculum and facilitating experiential education with proven success.
- Must be 24 years of age or older by September 1, 2019.
- Must attend the Field Instructor training in August 2019.
- Ability to be on-program overseas from September to December 2019 and February to May 2020.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patient, enthusiastic, analytical, and solution-oriented.
- Follow through with Verto and Rustic Pathways specific documentation practices.
- Appreciation for diversity in cultures and experiences.
- Knowledge of local and regional customs and norms in program location(s) through firsthand experience.
- Passion for discussion-based learning and helping students make meaning of their experiences.
Verto Education is an innovative new way for students to start their college career. Through Verto, students can study abroad for the first semester or year of their undergraduate career, while still earning college credits to keep them on track to graduate in four years. Verto also partners with over a dozen colleges, including High Point, James Madison University and the University of Oregon, to give students an admission decision and facilitate their transition on campus upon completion of a semester or year abroad.
Verto’s mission is to empower every student to spend impactful time abroad during their college career, and graduate with a better understanding of themselves, and the world around them. Verto Education is accredited through Mills College in Oakland, CA and partners with Rustic Pathways for all program operations.