Tipo de contrato:
The Department of Hispanic Studies at the University of California Riverside invites applications for the position of Professor of Teaching who will also serve as the Director and Coordinator of Language Instruction in Spanish. This is an open rank recruitment for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Teaching with an expected hire date of July 1, 2020.
We seek a candidate to take a leading role in reforming the Spanish Language curriculum to serve the needs of UC Riverside’s diverse student body. The duties will include; teaching, curriculum development, language proficiency assessment , oversight of lecturers and teaching assistants, course scheduling, and summer session coordination. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach courses at the lower and upper-division undergraduate and graduate levels (e.g., Spanish linguistics, Spanish as a Heritage Language, Second-language teaching methods).
Ph.D. at the time of appointment is required.
The successful candidate will have a background in Applied Linguistics, Critical and Inclusive Language Pedagogies, Spanish as a Heritage Language, Sociocultural Linguistics, and/or Language Education. We are particularly interested in scholars and teachers who focus on translanguaging. We seek candidates with or who have the potential for demonstrated excellence in teaching and coordination, ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate students, including students of Spanish as a Heritage Language, and professional proficiency in English and Spanish.
To apply submit cover letter of application, updated CV including description of teaching experience, one or two course syllabi, a teaching philosophy statement, a statement of past and/or planned future contributions to advancing diversity and inclusive excellence, evidence of successful teaching performance, and three current letters of recommendation to: https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/JPF01218
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Course Syllabi - 1
- Course Syllabi - 2 (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence - In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
- Teaching Evaluations
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required