Tipo de contrato:
As full professor you are the leader of a team of around five specialists in Spanish language and linguistics. The members of this team teach courses in the Bachelor's degree programme in Spanish Language and Cultures, the three Master's degree programmes in Literary Studies, Linguistics, and Tourism and Culture, and also in the Research Masters degree programmes in Cultural and Literary Studies and Language and Communication Sciences. Your own outstanding research will be embedded in the research agenda of the Radboud Institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS), or of the Centre for Language Studies (CLS), and should therefore fit in with one or more of the research themes of these institutes. You believe that collaboration is key to the quality of teaching and research, and are interested in cross-disciplinary collaboration in teaching and research with colleagues in other language and culture programmes. In addition to teaching and research, you will have managerial and administrative responsibilities relating to the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures, and where appropriate, the Faculty of Arts.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.A maximum gross monthly salary of € 8.127 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 5 years, with the possibility of permanent employment thereafter.
- The intended start date is 1 April 2020 (negotiable).
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
To be considered for this position you:
- Have a doctoral degree in Literary and/or Cultural Studies or in Linguistics, with a specialisation in Spanish.
- Have native or near-native command of Spanish.
- Have native or near-native command of Dutch, or, if this is not the case, will acquire near-native command of Dutch within two years.
- Are acquainted with the Dutch university system.
- Take an interest in Spanish Studies in a Dutch as well as an international context.
- Are an international authority in your field.
- Have an outstanding publication record, including a series of relevant output in leading international publication outlets.
- Are able to supervise PhD candidates effectively and to a high standard.
- Have a strong track record of external research funding, and further plans to acquire externally funded research projects.
- Are an inspiring teacher, with ample teaching experience at all university levels.
- Are eager to play an initiating and stimulating role in the teaching programmes.
- Have clear ideas about the academic future and relevance of Spanish Studies.
- Have obtained a University Teaching Qualification (BKO), or are prepared to take courses in order to obtain this qualification in a relatively short time.
Please address your application to A.M.C. van Kemenade and submit it, using the application button, no later than 7 November 2019, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
Letter of motivation.
The first round of interviews will take place in week 48.
As part of the selection process, you may be asked to deliver a sample lecture and take part in an assessment centre.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
A.M.C. van Kemenade, Full Professor