Tipo de contrato:
Initial placement, $67,622 - $100,919 annually
This is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month contract position that begins in the 2019-20 academic year. Placement on the salary schedule is based on formal education, full-time and/or part-time teaching, and related work experience, up to a maximum placement at step 9.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach Elementary Spanish, Continuing Elementary Spanish, Intermediate Spanish, Continuing Intermediate Spanish, Spanish for the Spanish Speaking, Continuing Spanish for the Spanish Speaking, Continuing Spanish Conversation, Spanish of the Barrio: A socio-linguistic perspective
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with course outline of record
- Participate in curriculum development, program advisory board, learning outcome development and assessments, grants relevant to program, serve on College committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program, and participate in appropriate professional development activities
- Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies
- Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs
- Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through the careful preparation of course materials, the adoption of effective teaching methods, the development of online courses, and the use of informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
- Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees
- Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.
A.The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
- Master’s degree in Spanish; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish AND Master’s in another language or linguistics; OR
- The equivalent (must attach an Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form); OR
- California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed. Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on March 1, 2019 are assured consideration. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
- A Mt. San Antonio College online application;
- A cover letter addressing how duties & responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications are met;
- A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position;
- A minimum of three (3) current letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents);
- College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts; AND
- Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form: All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete this form to be considered.