Tipo de contrato:
Our ideal candidate has a PhD in linguistics or a related field, is a polyglot, has excellent knowledge of language typology, and has experience teaching a second language. You will be part of our new initiative to reimagine and revamp Duolingo courses. You will join Duolingo’s learning sciences team and support our efforts to advance Duolingo’s mission through science. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, affecting how millions of people learn.
This is an onsite position in Pittsburgh, PA; remote work is not a possibility. We will consider candidates at different levels of seniority, from recent PhD graduates to more senior candidates with years of work experience. The job rank will be adjusted accordingly.
- PhD in linguistics, applied linguistics, language (with a linguistic focus), education, or a related field
- Experience teaching language and/or developing language curricula
- Familiarity with the principles of second language acquisition and teaching
- Solid research/theoretical knowledge of language typology
- Working proficiency in multiple languages, including at least two of the following: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Project management experience
- Experience supervising others
- Experience creating language assessments
- High proficiency in Spanish and French (in addition to some knowledge of other languages)