Tipo de contrato:
The Department of Spanish and Latin American Studies is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Spanish Studies who will complement and enhance the Department’s reputation in language and culture teaching and research.
Areas of teaching expertise may include one or more of the following:
- Spanish as Second Language
- Spanish Language teaching methodology
- Applied Linguistics
- Translation Studies
Candidates who are able to teach and coordinate cultural units with a transnational/global focus on the cultures and societies of Spain are particularly welcome.
Additional desirable qualities include a background in Spanish literary or film studies; cultural studies; social and critical theory; media studies or gender studies.
- A completed PhD in Spanish or Hispanic Studies
- Native or near native fluency in written and verbal Spanish and English
- Experience in designing and teaching Spanish-language courses (beginner to advanced) in a university setting with demonstrated success in promoting student retention and achieving high levels of language competency
- A strong record of academic peer-reviewed publications relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability, relative to opportunity, to develop and maintain an active research programme including research grant applications
- Evidence of team work skills and willingness to contribute to administration and planning in the Department and School
- A commitment to innovation in teaching and learning
- The ability to create and nurture opportunities for collaboration across the School and the Faculty.
Desirable for appointment is your:
- record of successful honours and research student supervision
- demonstrated academic administrative skills.
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form
- Your online application needs to be in English.
- Please do not attach written referees reports to your online application.
- Candidates who are short listed for interview will be asked to provide a sample of research writing in English (please do not attach this to your online application).
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to do a teaching demonstration as part of the interview process.
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Dr Vek Lewis on email@example.com
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Michelle Carlon on firstname.lastname@example.org