Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
The Department of Languages, Philosophy, & Communication Studies at Utah State University invites applications for a Lecturer in Spanish Applied Linguistics or related field, such as Second-Language Acquisition or Foreign Language Education. This is an ongoing, non-tenure track, academic-year appointment with a start date of August 2020.
Candidates should have the ability to manage a lower-division Spanish language program, teach a variety of courses in Spanish, and have a solid teaching background. The anticipated teaching load for this position is 3/4 (with one of those courses being online).
1) Candidates should have a Doctorate completed by August 2020.
2) Ability to complement the current strengths of the department.
3) Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish.
4) Job offer contingent upon successfully passed background check per university policy.
5) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1) Ability to carry out formative and summative programmatic assessments and regularly communicating that information to the Spanish section.
2) Ability to create and maintain syllabi that are standardized across various sections.
3) Ability to provide adequate mentoring and professional development for our Graduate instructors/Adjuncts/Lecturers.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Curriculum vita (to be uploaded to the candidate profile under "Resume").
2) Cover letter expressing your interest in the position (to be copied and pasted into "cover letter" field within online application).
3) Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as a sample syllabi or recent teaching evaluations (doc, docx, pdf format) (to be uploaded to the candidate profile under "other documents").
4) The names and email addresses of three references (to be provided in the candidate profile).
5) Three letters of reference: please have your (three) references submit (upload) the letters of reference here: https://bit.ly/2lapkbn.