Tipo de contrato:
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Teaching and Scholarship) at grade 7 in SPLAS. This is a 1.0 FTE, temporary two-semester appointment to cover the absence of a colleague.
The successful candidate must be an experienced language teacher and lecturer, fluent in English and Spanish who will contribute to delivering core and option language and culture modules across the undergraduate curriculum as well as supervise and mark dissertations.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to the design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of a range of teaching and learning, supervision and assessment activities across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes including online/digital programmes, where required.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the quality of teaching provision and programme development, drawing on leading practices from the HE sector.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of effective approaches to teaching and learning support as key contributions to high quality student learning.
- Contribute to enhancement of the student experience and employability.
- Engage in individual and collaborative pedagogical research and scholarly activity, which aligns to the strategic direction of the University, and disseminate results through regular publication in a manner appropriate to the work.
- Independently, and in collaboration with colleagues, contribute to bids for external funding/income for scholarship activities.
- Participate in the Faculty’s international engagement activities as required e.g delivering teaching, contributing to joint programmes and recruitment of students.
- Participate in, and develop, networks and collaborations both internally and externally to the Division/Faculty/University.
- Participate in the administrative processes of the Division/Faculty/University including committee membership, quality assurance procedures and recruitment and admission of students.
- Evaluate own practice, continue to maintain professional practice and undertake continuous professional development appropriate to the role.
- Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post.
- PhD or close to successful completion in a relevant area of Spanish and Latin American studies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience or knowledge to design, deliver, assess and evaluate modules in the subject area.
- Evidence of the ability to deliver excellent learning and teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level including online/digital delivery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of or provide evidence of developing effective approaches to teaching and learning, student support and guidance.
- Experience or knowledge of approaches to enhance the student experience.
- Clear plans for future scholarship activities.
- Higher Education teaching qualification or equivalent e.g. PGCert and/or holding or working towards Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Evidence or knowledge to support international activities.
- Evidence of developing a high quality publication record in general or subject specific pedagogical work.
- Evidence of developing teaching and scholarship proposals to bid for external funding.
- Credible plans for the active pursuit of external funding for pedagogic research and scholarship activities.
- Evidence of a basic knowledge of the Higher Education context and regulatory framework.