Tipo de contrato:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate-level teaching and supervision
- Engaging in pedagogical reseach and scholarly activity, which aligns to the strategic direction of the University
- Contributing to enhancement of the student experience and employability (Academic advising)
- Engaging in scholarly activities including research and publications
- Serving on Committees at the Department, Faculty and University levels
- Participating in the design and development of courses, teaching materials and or programmes in Translation
- Collaborating with colleagues in teaching, administration, cultural and extra-curricular events organized by the Spanish section, the Department, the Faculty and the Campus
- Supervising undergraduate research projects as well as postgraduate research work
The successful candidate must possess a Doctorate in Spanish, Translation Studies or a closely related area (Spanish must be among the chosen language pair/s).
Candidates must also have:
- Knowledge of recent theories and methodologies in Translation Studies
- Native or near-native competency in spoken and written Spanish (C2)
- A good command of both oral and written English is essential.
- A solid publication profile
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- At least three years teaching experience at the tertiary level
- Technological competencies (Translation software)
- Specialization in one or more of the following:
o Literary translation and reception
o The history of translation
o Corpus-based translation studies
o Gender issues in translation
Experience in Interpreting would be an asset.
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu/ in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.