Tipo de contrato:
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in Spanish, beginning Fall 2019.
Our program offerings, including a Spanish teacher certification program
focus on bilingual and biliteracy workplace skills leading to career opportunities, particularly for heritage language students. We seek an educator who can also help develop a strong professional Spanish certificate program, as well as a bachelor’s degree in Spanish in the near future.
Expectations for this position at UNTD include excellent teaching and service, resulting in contributions equivalent to a four-course load each semester. Faculty are also expected to participate in such service activities as curriculum development, student recruiting and advising, program assessment, and committee participation.
- M.A. in Spanish.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience at the university level in a range of Spanish courses, such as Elementary Spanish, Intermediate Spanish, Spanish for Heritage language students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Experience in course development.
- Native language fluency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated successful teaching at a Hispanic-serving institution.
- Academic experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Works well with a team of instructors.
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant’s interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
For additional information contact Dr. Mara Vaughn by calling 972-338-1330.For additional information contact Dr. Mara Vaughn by calling 972-338-1330.
For additional information contact Dr. Mara Vaughn by calling 972-338-1330.