Tipo de contrato:
Contract: Fixed term to the end of the Spring Term 2021
Part time 0.46 FTE
The post holder will be based in the Division of Humanities and work as part of the Language Centre teaching team. Led by the Language Centre Director, the Language Lector in Hispanic Studies is required to deliver language teaching in Hispanic Studies, which is one of the subject strands offered by the Language Centre. This will involve the preparation of classes as well as marking assignments and tests. The post holder may be called upon to contribute to the design of assessments. Please note that teaching hours will be set in accordance with the Division of Humanities’ workload allocation model. Schedules will be defined according to module teaching requirements and it is anticipated that the post holder will be required to teach beyond the normal timetabling day (i.e. 6.00-8.00 pm) in order to deliver Language Express modules.
- A good honours degree in a philological specialisation
- Native or near-native command of Hispanic Studies
- Excellent English-language speaking and writing skills
- Teaching experience in an educational context
- Teaching experience of Hispanic Studies as a foreign language to mixed groups of learners (Desirable)
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system. CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely. Our processes will evolve as the Government advice is updated.