Tipo de contrato:
Interlochen Arts Academy seeks a dynamic instructor able to teach Spanish courses as well as coursework in Language Arts or History, beginning in January of 2020 or fall of 2020. The Academy has a full college-preparatory program, and our growing enrollment necessitates additional faculty in the Humanities.
The Academy enrolls around 550 students, of which approximately 20% are international, and nearly 25% are ethnic minorities.
Interlochen is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women, racial/ethnic minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups.
- Teach five sections of coursework
- Mentor an Advisory Group of 6-7 students
- Hold 30 minutes of office hours 4 days a week, and hold scheduled evening tutorials
- Attend Department, Liberal Arts Division, IAA faculty, community, and other meetings as necessary
- Participate in all-school events at the beginning and the end of the school year, as well as periodically throughout the year
- Prepare and demonstrate progress on a yearly Professional Growth Plan
- Keep grade records electronically and prepare timely and thorough interim and grade reports
- Visit other classrooms to observe fellow instructors
- Attend student performances
- Write letters of recommendation for seniors applying to college
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and recent teaching experience are strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with technology is desirable.
- Background or interest in the arts is a valuable asset
If interested in applying please begin your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page for this job opening. On the top of the application page, upload your resume FIRST by clicking “Upload Resume”. Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in the strictest confidence.
Application documents required for this position:
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program, a 500-student fine arts boarding high school, opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs, two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news), more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists, and a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.