Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
NLCS Dubai is looking for a dynamic, well-qualified and committed Head of Spanish with an outstanding track record of examination success and leadership. The appointee will lead and manage the teaching and learning within the Spanish Department and lead a team of specialist teachers who will deliver lessons throughout the Junior and Senior School, across the three IB programmes of the PYP, MYP and Diploma.
The successful candidate will also ensure that the qualities of the IB Learner Profile and the core academic skills of research and inquiry are embedded within the curriculum. It is essential that the Head of Spanish has the ability to communicate deep knowledge of and passion for the subject.
- Teaching qualification
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Spanish or Modern European Languages Language and/or Literature
- Recent participation in continuing professional development
- Experience of implementing a range of pedagogical techniques, with a track record of innovation in teaching and learning
- Proficient and experienced at teaching, ideally with experience of the IB Diploma and/or MYP, with an outstanding track record of examination success
- Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures
- Experience of developing and enhancing the practice of staff
- Experienced teaching to sixth form level
- Experience of developing a broad, balanced and academically ambitious curriculum
- A good knowledge of curriculum initiatives
- Talent for leadership by example and inspiration is essential: the successful candidate will have a strong classroom presence and be able to model excellence in the classroom
North London Collegiate School (UK) was founded in 1850 by Frances Mary Buss; her aim was to offer an academically ambitious education to girls, similar to that available to their brothers. The School has pioneered women’s education for over 160 years and remains among the highest achieving schools in the UK. Exam results regularly top the UK league tables and the School has repeatedly outperformed other prestigious schools in terms of Oxbridge success rates.
Unlike many UK independent schools, NLCS has a firm commitment to ensuring close links with its overseas branch schools. Every effort is made to replicate the ethos and standards of NLCS overseas. Wherever possible, staff for overseas schools are interviewed in London and by NLCS (UK) staff, as well as staff from our overseas schools. All teachers, once appointed, are invited to travel to London for induction and training at the UK school and this is generously funded by our partners.