Tipo de contrato:
We are looking for freelancers who will provide insights into the quality of the subtitles we produce, so that we can continuously improve our technology and processes. These insights are generated mostly through annotations, which involve spotting errors in video subtitles and classifying them according to a pre-set, linguistically-informed typology.
Successful candidates will be native English speakers with a proficient command of French, Italian, German or Spanish and hold a degree in linguistics or related fields. Previous experience in linguistic annotation, video captioning or subtitling is desirable but not mandatory.
As a Freelance Video Annotator, you will be able to work remotely, at your pace and according to your own schedule for 1-2 hours a day or up to 5-10 hours a week. You will also get a chance to apply your linguistic knowledge to real-life situations and contribute to our video products.
- Subtitle annotation: Listening to audio content in French, Italian, German or Spanish, identifying translation, segmentation and alignment errors and classifying them according to a pre-set typology.
- Captioning annotation: Listening to different audio content in English, identifying transcription, segmentation and alignment errors and classifying them according to a pre-set typology.
- Linguistic consultancy: Provide occasional language-specific linguistic insights, and help create guidelines, tests, etc.
- Native English speaker, with proficient command of French, Italian, German or Spanish.
- BA, MA or PhD in Linguistics or related fields.
- Ability to work methodically and consistently, according to pre-set procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to generalise from examples to novel cases.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills.
Unbabel enables modern enterprises to serve customers in their native languages, with always-on, scalable translation across digital channels.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of translators, Unbabel combines the speed and scale of machine translation with the authenticity that can only come from a native speaker.
Unbabel has raised $91M in funding and has over 200 employees across its Lisbon headquarters and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Pittsburgh. Leading brands like Facebook, Microsoft, Booking.com, and easyJet use Unbabel to make their customers happier and their support operations vastly more efficient.
Unbabelers come from over 30 countries and have created a scaling company that embraces diversity, transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal. Even though you will be working remotely, we will make you feel part of an amazing, united and enthusiastic company that is ready to fly to unknown places.