Tipo de contrato:
The Spanish Program at Utah Valley University is seeking applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position to begin Fall semester 2021. The Spanish Program is located in the Department of Languages & Cultures in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. This position is an excellent opportunity to play an essential role in a well-established program which offers a variety of different courses serving multiple degree options. This position seeks applicants to strengthen the Spanish Translation and Interpretation program, plus be able to teach any Spanish lower and upper division course as needed. We welcome diverse perspectives and seek to provide an atmosphere of inclusion in our program.
Workload expectations will consist of teaching, scholarship, and service. The position carries a teaching load of 24 credit hours per academic year, typically 12 credits per semester (4/4). Appointees will design, teach and enhance translation and Interpretation courses, plus Spanish for the professions classes using appropriate methods to meet clearly stated course objectives. Instruction may be face-to-face, online, or hybrid formats as assigned.
- A Ph.D. in Spanish, translation and interpretation education and/or related field from an accredited institution. Foreign equivalent degree accepted.
- Three years minimum successful experience teaching Spanish Language at both lower and upper division college levels and/or extensive experience in the field of Spanish / English Translation and Interpretation.
- Oral and writing proficiency in Spanish and English at an Advanced High or Superior rating according to the American Council Teaching Foreign Languages (ACTFL) scale.
- Previous college-level teaching diverse translation and interpreting courses and Spanish for the Professions.
- Experience teaching lower and upper division courses, professional topics and areas that complement current faculty specialties.
- Experience teaching across various platforms, i.e. face-to-face, online, and/or hybrid.
Must submit a cover letter, CV, evidence of degree (copy of transcripts) and teaching philosophy.