Tipo de contrato:
The Education Focussed Lecturer will make a significant contribution to the delivery of the major and minor in Spanish and Latin American Studies. Furthermore, the Lecturer will be expected to contribute to our contextual courses on Spanish and Latin American culture and society, on topics such as cinema, art, and popular culture, and should be aware of contemporary issues affecting Spanish and Latin American societies.
• Demonstrate and continuously develop a well-defined teaching philosophy that inspires student learning;
• Conduct classes, assess student learning achievements and support students in undergraduate courses in line with UNSW policy;
• Design and develop learning activities and resources, and assessment and feedback using a range of suitable approaches and learning environments
• Initiate the development of experimental approaches to teaching and learning with the support of more senior academics;
• Support learning progression with students as individuals (through such activities as one-to-one consultation) and as a cohort (through general course related advice) to achieve positive learning and employability outcomes for students;
• Manage course administration as Course Authority, including academic quality assurance;
• Maintain professional development in pedagogy, disciplinary knowledge and minimum professional accreditation requirements (where relevant)
• Make a positive contribution to School meetings and seminars and be a member of School/Faculty committees as required.
• A PhD in Spanish or a related discipline.
• Experience of high quality teaching Spanish language courses to adults from the Introductory to the Advanced level
• Familiarity with the most innovative methods in the teaching and learning of languages
• Ability to contribute to courses on Spanish and Latin American culture and society
• Ability to contribute to European Studies, Gender Studies, History and/or International Studies (desirable)
• Actively maintenance of disciplinary knowledge and professional development
• Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design, development and delivery at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• Experience using and/or designing with educational technologies and online delivery methods
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence (e.g. relevant disciplinebased curriculum design and development at a variety of levels and scales)
• Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
• Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Contact: Steve Lalic - email@example.com