Tipo de contrato:
Help improve how millions of people learn languages on Duolingo.
We are looking for an outstanding educator skilled at designing effective experiences that teach second-language grammar, both explicitly and implicitly. If you are a strong analytical thinker, can explain grammar in simple terms, and understand the unique challenges of digital education, this job is for you! You will join our team of course designers and help us deliver the best language education in the world. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, affecting how millions of people learn.
This is an open rank position. We will consider candidates from recent MA or PhD graduates to more senior candidates with years of work experience. The job rank will be adjusted accordingly. This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Work side by side with talented curriculum designers, content developers, product and project managers, designers, and engineers to deliver high-quality products for teaching grammar in a variety of languages
- Develop content for multiple features intended at teaching grammar both explicitly and implicitly
- Help create assessments of learners’ grammatical knowledge
- Train and supervise other creators of educational materials for a variety of languages
- MA (or equivalent experience) in linguistics, applied linguistics, TESOL, language, cognitive psychology, education, or a related field
- At least intermediate proficiency in Spanish and French
- Ability to think about language analytically (e.g., breaking down grammatical concepts into smaller parts for the purposes of teaching)
- Ability to communicate grammar explicitly in a way that’s fun and accessible to learners
- Ability to design effective ways of teaching grammar implicitly
- Familiarity with the principles of language learning and/or teaching
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in linguistics or a related field
- Experience working in EdTech
- Experience managing people and projects
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish, French, and additional languages