Tipo de contrato:
The Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies and the School of Literatures, Culture Studies and Linguistics at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) announce a search to fill a full-time clinical non- tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in Hispanic Studies . UIC is a Hispanic Serving Institution. It is a diverse, linguistically rich, research-intensive university that provides a supportive environment for interdisciplinary research.
The Director of the Spanish Heritage Language Program, together with the Head of the Department, the Director of Undergraduate Studies, and the Faculty Heritage Language Consultant, develops the Spanish Heritage Language instruction program and coordinates all aspects of this program.
This hire is for a Fall 2020 start date.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Spanish by the starting date of August 16, 2020.
- Must have a strong teaching record, and have research interests in Spanish as a heritage language.
- Native or near-native competency in Spanish required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in heritage language program direction, materials development, and blended learning.
- Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
For fullest consideration, please complete an on-line application and upload a C.V., cover letter and sample syllabus and the names and email addresses of 3 references by December 2, 2019.