Tipo de contrato:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Teach 4-5 classes (12-15) hours each semester.
- Academic advising.
- Program development.
- Participating in departmental, divisional, and institutional activities.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage and control the classroom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive learning environment for a diverse student body.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Master’s Degree with 18 hours in Spanish. Doctorate preferred.
- Experience at small Liberal College and/or HBCU a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Blackboard, hybrid courses, and the ability to utilize innovative modalities for delivering course content.
- The ability to design lessons that teach curriculum in an engaging manner, applying various teaching methods, lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and individual or collaborative projects and research.
- Evidence of outstanding teaching or teaching potential is essential.
- Some walking, climbing stairs, sitting, and standing for long period of time.
- Ability to lift 10lbs. 1% of the time.
- Some nights and weekends may be required.