Tipo de contrato:
Full-time, tenure track.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Teach language, translation/interpretation, Spanish for the professions, and Spanish culture courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
• Engage in research that leads to academic publications (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books) in the field;
• Fulfill service to the department, college, and university as well as to the profession.
Expected Start Date: August 24, 2020
• Ph.D. in translation/interpretation or in Spanish with a focus on translation/interpretation or in a related area (e.g., Applied Linguistics; Spanish for the professions) required. ABDs may apply but all the requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed by time of employment (August 2020);
• Experience as an instructor of record teaching Spanish classes at the undergraduate or graduate level;
• Explicitly articulated experience in Spanish interpretation/translation demonstrated through coursework, professional development, research agenda, or pedagogy;
• Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
• Professional experience in the field of translation and interpretation;
• Experience teaching college-level courses in translating/interpreting;
• Secondary emphasis in Spanish for the Professions, such as Spanish for the Health Professions, or Spanish for business, Spanish for law enforcement (criminal justice), tourism;
• Demonstrated interest or experience with experiential pedagogies such as service-learning, community engagement, and study abroad;
• Experience or stated interest in on-line teaching.
Only complete applications will be considered. Please include:
1) letter of application;
2) current curriculum vitae;
3) evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student evaluations, formal observations);
4) statement of teaching and research interests with a description of goals;
5) 2 writing samples (e.g., dissertation chapter, academic journal article);
6) contact information for three individuals who will provide current, professional letters of reference (dated within past year);
7) a copy of a transcript indicating highest degree earned (an official transcript is required for employment); and 8) a statement of commitment to diversity in higher education.
A background check and official transcripts are required for employment.
For additional information, please contact Lynn Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee Chair.