Tipo de contrato:
The successful candidate will be expected to teach Hispanic linguistics and translation / interpreting courses; demonstrate willingness to explore the development of interdisciplinary programs, create appropriate new courses, establish strong ties with the local community, and contribute to and participate in the life and the development of the department. The standard teaching load is 12 units per semester; the first two years the load is 9 units per semester, and reassigned time may be available for research and/or curriculum and pedagogical development. All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarship and community service and to remain current in their field. In addition, they are expected to serve on departmental, college, and/or university committees and to participate in other service, as needed. The University seeks individuals who will contribute to both their chosen disciplines and the University’s significant commitment to teacher preparation and general education.
1) PhD in Hispanic Linguistics or a terminal degree in related field from an accredited institution;
2) Experience in teaching translation / interpreting courses and/or expertise in this field;
3) Native or near-native abilities in English and Spanish.
1) Demonstrated ability to effectively teach and/or mentor a diverse student population;
2) Experience in proficiency-based instruction and appropriate assessment procedures;
3) Familiarity with the latest developments in technology-supported instruction, online and hybrid teaching, and experience in integrating its use into the learning process;
4) Demonstrated ability or potential to pursue relevant research
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
Applicants for this position can send all application materials to: http://apply.interfolio.com/68590
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and information for at least three current references (name, title, affiliation, phone, email). In later phases of the search process, applicants may be required to provide sample syllabi for linguistics and translation / interpreting courses, teaching philosophy, letters of recommendation, verification of terminal degrees, licenses and certificates.