Tipo de contrato:
Chapman University invites applications for an experienced tenure-track assistant or associate professor of Spanish in the Department of World Languages and Cultures, within Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. This position begins August 1, 2020.
Tenure-track faculty are expected to develop and maintain an active research agenda and are evaluated on their research/scholarly activity, teaching, service, and advising/mentoring.
• PhD in Spanish with a focus on peninsular literature and culture
• Native or near-native fluency in Spanish
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the university level
• Willingness to work within an articulated program under the direction of the upper-division Spanish program director and department chair
• Demonstrated strong research trajectory, including publications and involvement with professional organizations
Interest in interdisciplinary studies is desirable, along with an ability to teach an interdisciplinary capstone class for the Spanish major and for new major in Global Communication and Spanish.
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a letter of interest, Chapman faculty application, curriculum vitae, writing sample of published work, sample teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation to:
Mary Devlugt, Search Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “Spanish Faculty Position” as the email subject line.
Application review begins January 31, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.