Tipo de contrato:
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Spanish undergraduate courses. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Essential job functions/responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Spanish or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Spanish from a regionally accredited institution
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.